Let's quickly summarize this titillating story
- FBI chief J. Edgar Hoover was convinced that MLK Jr. was a dangerous communist, so federal agents bugged his hotel room.
- Instead of evidence of communism, they found evidence of serial adultery which they then tried to use to blackmail him.
- He led one of the most astonishing double lives in history!
- He was not just a bible thumping champion of civil rights but a womanizer who cheated on his wife throughout their marriage.
- He was a sex addict.
- He slept with members of his congregation.
- The FBI had recorded him trying to arrange a sex party, the night before the March on Washington in August 1963.
- In 1989, Abernathy, who succeeded King after his assassination confirmed the rumors about King's rampant sexual appetites (and incurred the wrath of many).
- Abernathy revealed that King had spent the last night of his life, first with not one, but two lovers, followed by an encounter with a third, whom he ended up knocking across the room during an argument. Apparently, he was unfaithful to the women he was being unfaithful with."The leading cause of girl on girl crime. Tsk, tsk, Martin"
- He had been a pastor since he was 25 years old and while he understood and believed in the biblical prohibition against sex outside of marriage, he had a "weakness for women". "Wowzers...brother!!!"
- He was told by other activists to reign in his "sexual athleticism" but he responded by saying he was away from home 25-27 days a month and "fucking's a form of anxiety reduction". He ain't never lied.
- It didn't help that when he was on the road with his fellow preachers in the early civil rights movement, that he was among like minds. Sleeping with female members was the norm and MLK Jr. himself admitted that he didn't know a single black preacher who was chaste. Birds of the same feathers, flock together. Preaching and fucking members existed way before Biodun of COZA's time.
- FBI agents bugged his room in Washington in January 1964, and recorded him while he was doing the do (I guess), and heard him say "I am fucking for God!! I am not a negro tonight" Wheewww, Lord Jesus! People have been sinning in your name since time immemorial. Thank you for not smiting them, Lord.
- Coretta was sent a copy of these tapes/evidence by the FBI. She pretended not to understand and ignored them and later said she never had a discussion about infidelity with MLK Jr. According to her and i quote "I just wouldn't have burdened him with anything so trivial....all that other business didn't have a place in the very high-level relationship we shared". Omo, this one na saint o. Talk about high level of grace. Perfect example of a godly woman. Proverbs 31 woman. #iwonderhowmanystdsshegot #nigerianwomentakenote #infidelityistrivial
- His wife and friends say he was racked by guilt about his personal failings and found it uncomfortable to be put on a pedestal when all he wanted to do was end racial segregation. Awwww...poor Martin. Here we all are idolizing him. He was just a man. A freaking man, who was a freak :)
Question of the day
Which is worse?
a. A married man who cheats
b. A married pastor who cheats
c. They are both the same.
B. A married pastor who cheats is worse IMHO because not only is he married, he is also a PASTOR. So it's a double whammy. He is sinning against his wife and his congregation, (and of course God). There is nothing i hate more than a religious hypocrite. You can't chop and clean mouth like that. Mba. Not gonna work. You are supposed to lead by example.
Here's the source for this amebo gist that made my headache disappear.